Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Community Helpers Booklet Part II // Pop-up card

I finished up the booklet with my kids today. I went through each page with them, guiding them through how to fill in the missing letters of the words. There's a picture of each of the community helpers, but on the last page, I asked them to draw a farmer on their own. Some of them complained that they couldn't draw, but I told them to try, that it doesn't matter if it's really good or not, I just want them to try it. Tony was still saying "I can't do it" when I saw that he did draw something on the page! So I said, "Wow Tony, you did a good job! That's a very nice picture of a farmer!" Then he said, "Yeah, I drew it!" After a while, he said, "Look! I drew some flowers beside the farmer too!" You have everything you need, if you just believe~~~

The first page of the booklet:


The last page of the booklet:


I taught the younger kids how to make a pop-up card today. I asked them to fold a piece of construction paper in half (hamburger style), and then I drew two lines for them to cut. I showed them how to open it and make the creases, and showed them my sample. I told them that they could draw and glue anything they want in their card~

Pop-up card by Zara:

1 comment:

Ho, Shing Yip 何承業 said...

小時候 只要看天空 枕著白雲就覺得全世界都擁有
長大了 擁有的更多 為何感覺到越來越匱乏越貧窮


=(