Friday, November 13, 2009

Piggie~

We read a story called "A Treeful of Pigs" today. It's about a farmer who bought some pigs but was unwilling to help his wife to take care of and feed the pigs. It's funny, but also pretty touching in the end~

Old MacDonald had a farm

Old MacDonald had a farm, e-i-e-i-o,
And on that farm there are some pigs, e-i-e-i-o~
With a oink oink here, and a oink oink there,
Here a oink, there a oink, everywhere a oink oink!
Old MacDonald had a farm, e-i-e-i-o!


During our sharing time, I asked the students to begin a sentence with "I feel..." and end with "Thank you..." I'm glad that some of them told me why they are happy, and also one student who told me that he's sad because he thought his mommy was picking him up after nap time, but didn't. This would allow them to express their feelings without being afraid, letting them know that it's ok to be sad. I think that they're becoming more aware of how they're feeling everyday, because yesterday Sophie raised her hand in the middle of a discussion and said, "I feel happy today!" That made me feel happy too. =)

We made a piggie nose today, and when I showed them how to mix the red and white to make pink, they thought that it's really amazing! One of them said, "Wow, it's magic~~" haha~

No comments: