Friday, January 22, 2010

I'm Sorry

Routines: calendar, hi and bye

We started our lesson with a circle game called "Go In and Out the Window". I asked the kids to make a circle, hold hands, and make an arch with their hands. Then I taught them this song:

Go In and Out the Window

Go in and out the window,
Go in and out the window,
Go in and out the window,
Just like we've done before.


I showed them how to play the game by being the first person to weave in and out of the their arches while we sang the song. Then I asked another student to join me. The next student picked another student to join him, etc. It was energy consuming but they had so much fun~ I was sweating by the end of it!

We talked about saying sorry today. We brainstormed some situations when we have to say sorry, and also to forgive when somebody apologizes to us sincerely. I emphasized that when we did something unacceptable and say sorry, but then we repeat the same behaviour again and again, that means our apology isn't really sincere. We have to remember why we say sorry, and to learn from it.

I told them that when we made someone feel sad, it's always nice to make that person a sorry card to show that we know he's hurt and we care about him. We made this card by putting beads on a string with the words "I'm Sorry!" hanging on it. Then we taped the beaded string to the back of a construction paper, and then decorated it with stamps. I remember that when I was little, I loved to make cards in different ways. I want to let my students know that cards can come in many different forms, and it's always nice to be creative and use different materials to make them~

No comments: