Friday, April 27, 2007

April.19, 07: Teaching Block Day 8

We went to the Science Centre today! The students were very excited! I remember that when I was little, I always enjoyed the bus rides. On the way there and on our way back, I taught two girls in my class to make origamis. They were really happy about it, and some other students peeked and wanted to make some too. I made a bond with a student in Ms. Jones' class, because I made her something and she found it really amazing.

When we arrived at the Science Centre, we divided the students into groups (one adult was responsible for 4 students). Then they were free to play and explore. I wished that I've looked at information and studied about the things in Science Centre, because I wasn't sure of how the machines work or what they mean. It would be more beneficial and educational to students if I could just sneak in a scientific comment or explanation when they were exploring. This could be my homework for next time!

By the end of the day, I was exhausted. It's natural for children to run around in a fun place like this, but running around to keep watch of them and keep them together was really tiring. I even started to get a sore throat! After yesterday's bad experience and today's fun and tired day, I believe that the rest of my teaching block would be much easier!

No comments: