Sunday, April 29, 2007

April.27, 07: Teaching Block Day 14

I did the morning routines with the class this morning. Usually, I'd do the morning message with them, then I'll pass it on to Ms. Carson. But today, I did the mornig message, the calendar, and the word wall clapping with them as well. I've seen Ms. Carson did it for many times, so I'm quite familiar with it. I was surprised by how well they behave today, because they could get pretty noisy in the morning. The boy who led the calendar routine was shy at asking questions at the beginning of the week (each student gets a chance to lead the calendar routine for a week), but he has improved throughout the week and he has begun to ask questions (e.g. What day is it today?).

Ms. Carson told me who to choose to lead the word wall, so I chose that little girl. But some of the students were not happy with it, because she has led many times before. I didn't really know what to do, but I told them that she didn't lead yesterday. I need to be careful with this next time, because they would notice things like this and think that it's unfair.

Today is the Earth Week Assembly, and most of the students in my class wore green. A few of them didn't, so Ms. Carson made them green necklaces so they wouldn't feel left out. I think it is a very good learning moment for me, because I would know to prepare for events like this so everyone would feel included.

No comments: