Tuesday, October 06, 2009

B for Banana~

I finished reading "Little Polar Bear" with the kids this afternoon, and then I read a story called "The Boy Who Loved Bananas"~ It's a very funny story, I like it! We sang the polar bear song, but I forgot to teach them the banana song that I found to fit our theme! I'll sing it with them tomorrow~

Banana Song

Smell, smell, smell a banana.
Sweet, sweet, sweet is banana.
See, see, see my banana.
My yellow banana is there~

See, see, see it is yellow.
Long, long, yellow banana.
Smell, smell, smell a banana.
Sweet, sweet, sweet is banana.


Today's lesson was pretty simple, and I'm happy that they had enough patience to sit through one and a half story. =) We did two pages of letter B tracing! Only Giada needed me to hold her hand to trace, the rest of them are pretty good at it, even if they were using pencil crayons! After they were done with the tracing, I gave each of them a colouring page with a banana on it, and gave them yellow paint and a paintbrush. After they painted the yellow banana, I gave them blue paint for the background. They were better painters than I expected! They all coloured in the line, and I have to say that they really did a pretty good job! Shriyans coloured blue over his yellow banana, but it was a good teaching moment, because when I said, "Look Shriyans, now your banana is blue...!", he said, "No, it's green!" So I said, "Yes you're right, when we mix yellow and blue together, we actually make green! But...bananas are supposed to be yellow!" Now that I think about it, bananas CAN be green! Just not this kind of green. =P

Cooper's banana:


Reya's banana:


Shriyans' banana:

No comments: