Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween mask

Trick or Treaters

I am a trick or treater set to go,
Here is my flashlight I'll walk slow.
I always say thank you for my treats,
And I never run across the street!


After singing, I read the kids a story about the first Jack O Lantern~ It's a pretty interesting story! It's about Jack, a mean person whose soul decided to leave him, and how his soul ended up on Earth because neither the heaven nor hell opened the gate for him. He put burning coal inside a turnip, and then poke holes on the flower to let the light shine through, so he could find his way from hell back to Earth. I asked them questions as I read along, and they seemed to be understanding quite well!

Then we discussed what they're going to dress up as for Halloween. They're gonna be so cute on Friday, when we have our party! After that, I gave each of them a worksheet, where they had to find the matching Jack o Lanterns and draw a line to connect them.



After they were done, they designed a mask~



No comments: