Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Pumpkins are Here!!

When I was preparing for today's lesson, I painted a paperbag pumpkin for Cooper because he wasn't here yesterday. We had to put eyes, nose, mouth and leaves on the Jack o'lanterns, which is an extension of yesterday's activity. Cooper wouldn't have enough time to finish the whole craft today, so I did the painting for him. He was a little bit upset 'cause he wanted to paint, but I explained that to him, and said that we can paint something else again next time.

Song of the day:

The Pumpkins are Here

The pumpkins are here, the pumpkins are there.
The pumpkins, the pumpkins are everywhere.

The pumpkins are up, the pumpkins are down.
The pumpkins, the pumpkins are all around.

The pumpkins are in, the pumpkins are out.
The pumpkins, the pumpkins are all about.

The pumpkins are low, the pumpkins are high.
The pumpkins, the pumpkins all say, "Good-bye!"


Jonah was so excited about finishing the pumpkins today, he kept asking me about it all morning! =)

I pre-cut the eyes, nose, mouth and leaves to hand out to the kids, so they could glue them on. The Jack o'lanterns look so good, sitting together on the shelf!

After the students finished their work, I gave each of them a small pumpkin picture to colour. I explained to them that I want them to give it to one of their friends. An easy way would be to give it to the person sitting next to them, so everybody would have one. After they finished colouring, I helped them glue the pumpkin onto a tongue depressor, so that they could use it as a bookmark! Most of them were happy about the idea of giving it to a friend, but some wanted to give it to someone else, and one of them wanted to give it to his mommy. So I told them that they had a choice to give it to anyone they want, but just make sure that everyone has one in the end. And it worked out~ =)



No comments: