Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Traffic Lights

We learned about traffic lights today! I asked them where do they see traffic lights, and one of them said, "In the sky!" hahaha~ So I said, "Well, not exactly in the sky, but they are very tall." We talked about what the 3 coloured lights mean, and then talked about rules we should follow when we cross the streets.

This is the way we cross the road

This is the way we cross the road
Cross the road, cross the road.
This is the way we cross the road,
We stop , look and listen.

We stand at the curb and look both ways,
Look both ways, look both ways.
We stand at the curb and look both ways,
Before we cross the road.

If the road is clear we cross the road,
Cross the road, cross the road.
If the road is clear we cross the road,
We always be careful.


After that, I read them a funny story, called "Never Ride Your Elephant to School"~ It's the kind of kiddie non-sense silly stories, and we had fun with that. After reading, I asked them to share with the rest of the class what was their favourite part of the story.

Then I showed the kids how to make the paper traffic light. I told them that yesterday, they said they wanted to paint, so we're doing that today, and they were so happy! I think that it's important to let them know that what they say are important and I do take them seriously.

I had to help one of the kids to wash the brush before he dipped into another colour, but other than that, they did really well in painting these traffic lights. =)

No comments: