Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Silly Slippery Snake

When we were doing the calendar today, we sang the "12 Months of the Year" song. I was sooo impressed that most of the kids remember most of the months! I was like...awwww...they're growing up and they're learning! =) Then we did the "Days of the Week" song, and they did great as well! I told them that it's Tuesday today and it'll be Wednesday tomorrow, and asked them to remember it. I told them I'll ask them tomorrow to see if they remember. =P

During read-aloud, I read a book called "Animals in Winter" to the kids. It's an informational picture book about what different animals do in Winter. For example, the bears and the bats hibernate, the birds and butterflies fly south, the fox hunt for food, etc. It's straight forward and easy to understand, and covers the basic facts of how Winter is a difficult time of the year for the animals. I like it~

We sang a song about snakes today, because snakes are one of the animals that hibernate during Winter. They like to hide in rocks together to keep warm.

A Silly Slippery Snake

Oh, I wish I was a silly, slippery snake.
Oh, I wish I was a silly, slippery snake.
Oh I'd slither across the floor and I'd slip under the door
Oh, I wish I was a silly, slippery snake.


After singing, we made a snake with triangles, squares and circles. Phillip didn't want to try to use the scissors, but I encouraged him to. I used to help him out a lot, but I think it's time for him to try it on his own. I showed him how to hold the scissors and the paper, and he did it! Although it's not perfect cutting, at least he's not cutting it into millions of pieces. =P It's a big step forward, and I'm so proud of him!

I know...I know it looks like a caterpillar...

No comments: