Friday, February 26, 2010

Let's Ski!

I started today's lesson with a froggie jumping race, bear crawling race, and running race! The kids had so much fun, and they were so tired afterwards!

I read a book called "Sophie Skates", a beautiful story about a girl who spends a lot of time practicing skating, with pictures of different dance moves. I prepared a picture of a pair of skates that I wanted the kids to design, but I couldn't print it because the school's Internet is down. So I improvised another craft. =P I drew a jacket and a pair of mittens, used wooden sticks as skiing boards, and pipe cleaners with a bead at the end as poles. That'd create a picture of skiing gears. =)

I noticed that Daniel sat still and paid attention during read-aloud today. I'm not sure if it's because of the races that grabbed his attention in the beginning, or if he knew that I tried to accommodate him by doing our lessons at the table last week. I know that everyday is going to be different, maybe he'll be moving around and disturbing other kids tomorrow, but my job is to try my best to keep finding out ways that would work. ^^

I created a chart with each child's name on it, with a box for every day from Monday to Friday. Everyday, I'd draw a happy face or sad face to show how each of them have made me feel. If a kid made me feel sad in the beginning of the lesson, but got back to work in the end, I'd give him a small sad face, and then a bigger happy face. Today, everyone got a happy face! =)

No comments: