Sunday, April 29, 2007

April.25, 07: Teaching Block Day 12

Today, I started recording the temperature with the class. I told them what a thermometer is, and I hung it on the window. I taught them how to read the temperature, and created a chart with them. We will be recording the temperature 2 times a day -- in the morning and in the afternoon, to see how it changes. They were very eager to be picked to be a temperature reader! And they had fun guessing what temperature it is too!

I brought 5 fake plants from home today and taught them how to make observations. I had one plant for each group, and I planned to rotate the plants so all of them could do all 5 observations. However, they were working at different speeds, and it was hard to rotate. I didn't want the slower students to be unable to finish each plant, and I didn't want the faster students to wait for so long. So I decided that they could switch seats with students from other groups, so they could work at their own speed. Luckily, it went well, and the students were all working. I think I'm getting better at classroom management, which I believe is the most difficult and tiring thing about teaching.

No comments: