Saturday, November 15, 2008

Group work

I played Jeopardy with my Gr.1s again today. They like the game a lot! When I told them we're going to play, some kids were so excited, and they came up and screamed, "Yes! Yes! Yes! I love that game!!" So cute~~

There's only 5 students in my second class. The 2 boys are in a group, and last week they had trouble agreeing on what questions to pick and their answers, so I asked them to use Rock Paper Scissors to decide who gives me the answers. This week, they actually worked together! I said to them, "Wow! You're finally agreeing with each other. Good job!" And I find that in both classes, the groups worked better together this week~ I think that students need time to learn to work with and cooperate with each other, especially when they are young and still at their self-centered stage. I really believe that working in groups give them a chance to learn with and learn from each other, to respect each other, and to have fun at the same time. I'll give them more chances to work together for the next couple of weeks! =)

No comments: