Friday, August 28, 2009

Animals at the Zoo

The kids went to the zoo on Wednesday, so I decided to teach them a song about how animals move, and then create a pamphlet with them.


Move like animals!

We'll hop hop hop like a bunny,
And run run run like a dog!
We'll walk walk walk like an elephant,
And jump jump jump like a frog!

We'll swim swim swim like a goldfish,
And fly fly fly like a bird!
We'll see right down and fold our hands,
And say not a single word~


Phillip is a 3-year-old boy who seems to be always daydreaming. I'm very glad that he's engaged when he's doing music with me. ^^ He's one of the kids who sings the loudest!

After singing and moving around with the movements, I showed them the pamphlet that I prepared for them. I asked them about the animals that they saw at the zoo, and then asked them what those animals eat. I explained to them that they are going to colour the animals in the pamphlet and the food that's printed on another page. Then, they'd cut out the food, and glue them onto the pamphlet, according to what each animal likes to eat.

I only gave them crayons, until they were done with colouring. Then I gave them scissors to cut. I made sure that they were finished with cutting, and then I gave them glue. I think that this helps a lot, because I learned that some kids would be confused by so many stationery, and then forget what they should do first. Some are too eager to cut and glue, which makes it difficult to colour when their papers are wet and gluey. I'm very happy that things went well and we were very organized! It was easier to clean up too!

Cooper was unwilling to try a lot of things before, but today he actually tried colouring and cutting! I was sooo impressed, and I let him know how I felt. He's very proud of himself too! He needed help on gluing, and I told him that I'm very happy to help him because he tried so hard today~

Pamphlet by Minwoo:




Pamphlet by Cooper:



No comments: