Friday, August 21, 2009

My Little Puppy

I taught them a new song that's related to the circus. We saw a performance with a lady who was playing tricks with five trained puppies. The kids found them really adorable~ For this song, I especially like the motions that go along with it!

There weren't a lot of kids today, but the ones who stayed with me are the little little ones. I found it more difficult because the ones who are a bit older would help bring up the energy by their enthusiastic singing! With the little ones, it's harder for them to follow along. But I tried my best, and they were doing the motions with me even though they didn't get all the words yet!

My Little Puppy

My little puppy's name is Rags,
He eats so much that his tummy sags!
His ears flip flop, and his tail wig wags~
And when he walks he zigs and zags!

Flip flop, wig wag, zig zag!
Flip flop, wig wag, zig zag!


Motions:

eats so much - rub tummy
tummy sags - arms curved under tummy
flip flop - tap head with each hand
wig wags - hips sway side to side
zigs and zags - snap fingers


I thought that this activity would be a simple one, because we only have to fold a piece of paper in half into a triangle, and then fold the ears down and the nose up. But it turned out to be one of the most challenging crafts for the kids so far. I taught them in a circle on the carpet, and did it with them step by step. But I think they're still developing their concept of folding, and they have difficulties manipulating the paper. So I had to go around to help most of them. Next time, I should use a pen to mark down where they have to fold, and maybe print out a clear instruction with big pictures, so they can follow along better.


My sample puppy:


Michael's puppy:

No comments: