Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Funny Clown

After going to the circus today, I taught this song to my kids:

Funny Clown

Funny clown, funny clown, spin around,
Funny clown, funny clown, touch the ground~
Funny clown, funny clown, crinkle your nose,
Funny clown, funny clown, touch your toes!


We clapped and moved with the lyrics, and the kids were all excited to move around~ I notice that they were singing louder, and more of them were singing today compared to the previous days, so it's good progress! I think that they're getting used to me, and they're beginning to notice the routine of singing after snack time, and then making something after singing~ Since their attention span is very short, I'm not repeating the songs too many times during the time we have together. Today, we sang it three times, and then I went on to explain how to make the paperplate clown.

As I reflect upon my lesson, I notice that I missed an opportunity to add more value to today's lesson, when I asked them the shapes of the eyes, nose, hat, and the ball on top of the hat. I could ask them to brainstorm a list of other objects that are circles or triangles, to help them build awareness of the shapes that are around us.

Victor's clown:


Cooper's clown:

No comments: