Monday, September 21, 2009

Our 5 Senses -- Sight

Today's lesson wasn't carried out as planned, but I'm going to write it all out anyway! I didn't get to do everything as planned because one of the other teachers is on vacation, so I need to watch 3 toddlers during my preschoolers lesson today (and all lessons this week).

I didn't get to do calendar with the kids, so I went straight to read-aloud. I borrowed a book from the library called "You Can't Taste a Pickle with Your Ear", and it has an interesting chapter about each of the 5 senses, and a poem that goes with each chapter. But it ended up that the toddlers were playing too loudly in the room, so I couldn't even teach the lesson properly. I didn't really explain the 5 senses, I just told the students what they are. And we didn't have a discussion on what we see with our eyes, and didn't play the game of "I spy something that is..." I'm thinking of extending this theme for 2 weeks, so we could do the singing and arts and craft this week, and the more informational content next week. I taught them this song today, and they love it!! =)

I Have 2 Eyes

On my face I have two eyes;
Use them every day.
They are used to help me see
When I work and play.
With a look, look here,
And a look, look there,
Here a look, there a look,
Everywhere a look, look.
On my face I have two eyes;
Use them every day!


After singing, I showed them the binocular that I made with toilet paper rolls~


I gave two pieces of patterned papers to each student and asked them to colour with crayons. I printed out this pattern because even though the kids are colouring all over the place, it'd still look good! =P After they coloured the papers, I went around to help them tape it on the toilet paper rolls. I'm using tape because they're too messy with glue, so I want to avoid that if I can. After taping, I hole punched the sides and tied a string there. Then ta-dah, it's done! The kids really love their binoculars!

Reya's:


Sophie's:

No comments: