Saturday, January 09, 2010

Hibernation Booklet

By today, the students already remember that hibernating means animals sleeping in Winter~ ^^ I'm happy! And most of them know that it's January! During calendar time, I'm beginning to talk about what day of the week comes before today and what comes after. They're still a little bit blurry about it, and Phillip always says "Friday" when I ask him what day it is. =P But I believe that as we do this routine day by day, they are going to get it sooner or later!

Today's sharing topic is "My favourite movie is..." =)

I read a story called "The Bear Came Over to My House" today. It's a silly, rhyming story~ I asked them, "Have you ever invited a bear to your house?" And they said "Nooooooooo!!!" haha~ They're so funny~

After reading, we made a hibernation booklet to wrap up our theme of the week. There's 4 pages in the booklet, each with a picture of a habitat. The kids' job is to colour it, and then match the picture of the animal that lives in the corresponding habitat.

Bears hibernate in the cave:


Groundhogs hibernate underground:


Froggies hibernate under water:


Snakes hibernate in rocks:

No comments: