Wednesday, February 03, 2010

TP Roll Banana

Routines: Stand up and turn around, calendar, Strawberry Patch, In and Out the Window

We talked about bananas and banana trees today, learned to write the letter B on the board, and then made a banana craft.

I gave each of the kids a template of 3 "banana peels" to colour in yellow, and then cut them out. I have to say that I'm very impressed by the way they're cutting now. ALL of them cut on their own today, and they did such an awesome job for 3-year-olds! I'm so proud of them because in the beginning, 3 of them didn't even know how to hold the scissors. They've come such a long way!

After the banana peels are ready, I gave each of them a TP roll, and they had to glue a white piece of paper on it to cover up the brown. Then they glued the peels at the bottom of the banana. I helped them complete the bananas by stapling the top together, and then cutting the sides to make them look less edgy. It would be much nicer if we used yellow construction papers instead of colouring the peels in yellow (that's what I did with my sample), but we ran out of construction papers at school.

This picture doesn't do the bananas justice! I'm going to take some more pictures with the bananas right side up tomorrow, and upload them again!

No comments: